Top 6 Best Scooter for Kids and Toddlers [Reviews & Buyers Guide]
Scooters can be a lot of fun for both children and toddlers. A scooter will give the child a chance to move around on their own. There are different types of scooters that are based on the age and the ability of the child. There are some things to keep in mind when looking for the best scooter for kids and toddlers or a child.
These scooters should be durable, easy to use and put together, and should be safe for the little ones to use. Scooters can get a child move and help make sure they stay actives and play outside. It also ensure as a great way to add physical activities of your child’s everyday routine.
Scooters are also a great way to teach children motor skills that include balance, coordination, and determination. If a child falls they need to be encouraged to get back on the scooter and try again.
Smaller children may need some assistance for adults until they learn how to balance and move the scooter on their own.
- 1 Types of Scooter for kids and Toddlers
- 2 Difference Between Kick Scooter and Electric Scooter
- 3 Best Kick Scooter For Kids and Toddlers 2021 – 6 of Our Top Picks
- 3.0.1 VOKUL 1281F LED Light 3 Wheel Mini Kick Scooter with Adjustable Height(Green Material by FDA)-Orange
- 3.0.2 Forc Kick Scooter Toddler Scooter 3 in1 Scooter for Kids，Adjustable Height W/Extra-Wide Deck and Back Wheel Brake, Kids Scooter &...
- 3.0.3 Globber - Primo Plus 3-Wheel Kids Kick Scooter - LED Light Up Wheels - Adjustable Height T-Bar - for Boys...
- 3.0.4 Razor Scooter
- 3.0.5 Maxi Micro Scooter - Purple with T-BAR Steering
- 3.0.6 besrey Scooter for Kids 3 Wheels for 2-14 Years Toddler with Seat Light up Wheels Adjustable Handle Black Red
- 3.1 Vokul VK 1281F Mini Kick 3 Wheel Kick Scooter with Flashing Wheel
- 4 VOKUL 1281F LED Light 3 Wheel Mini Kick Scooter with Adjustable Height(Green Material by FDA)-Orange
- 5 Globber - Primo Plus 3-Wheel Kids Kick Scooter - LED Light Up Wheels - Adjustable Height T-Bar - for Boys...
- 6 Maxi Micro Scooter - Purple with T-BAR Steering
- 7 Forc Kick Scooter Toddler Scooter 3 in1 Scooter for Kids，Adjustable Height W/Extra-Wide Deck and Back Wheel Brake, Kids Scooter &...
- 8 Razor Scooter
- 9 besrey Scooter for Kids 3 Wheels for 2-14 Years Toddler with Seat Light up Wheels Adjustable Handle Black Red
- 10 Best Electric Scooter For Kids – 4 of Our Top Picks
- 11 Need to Consider When Buying a Best Scooter For Kids and Toddlers
- 12 Final Verdict
Types of Scooter for kids and Toddlers
There are different types of scooters for toddlers and children. They are:
- Two Wheel Scooter
- Three Wheel Scooter
- Stunt Scooter
Two Wheel Scooter: There is the two wheel scooter. These are for older children that have gotten used to riding on a scooter. There is one wheel in the front and there is one in the back. The wheel in the front is larger than the back one. This requires the child to have additional balance since they will be moving on a device that only has two wheels to support the.
Three Wheel Scooter: There are three wheel scooters for young children. There are two wheels in the front and there is a wheel in the back. This type of scooter will allow the child to have additional control. It will also support their balance and teach them how to control the scooter.
Stunt Scooter: The stunt scooter also has two wheels with one in the front and the back. This is for older children that are comfortable enough to start doing tricks with the scooter. They will be able to move the base around and this type of scooter requires some skill in order to be able to ride it.
Difference Between Kick Scooter and Electric Scooter
There are two popular types of scooters depend on driving. One known as kick scooter another is the electric scooter. There have some differences between these two types.
Kick scooters also known as foot scooters. This have a metal frame and will allow a person to get around quickly. They also have rubber tires. This type of scooter must need kick to ride. Full control is manual with a proper technique.
An electric scooter has a battery to power it. There are a number of different designs. Some of them even have racks so that a person can carry things with them. The electric scooter is able to absorb the bumps. The battery does have to be recharged between uses and is a quick form of transportation.
Best Kick Scooter For Kids and Toddlers 2021 – 6 of Our Top Picks
We have done the hours of research for you and tried to find out the best scooter for kids with quality and features. While picking the best scooter for kids, we consider few things, like quality, durability and safety. Hopefully it will help out to decide which you should buy for your child.
Vokul VK 1281F Mini Kick 3 Wheel Kick Scooter with Flashing Wheel
VOKUL 1281F LED Light 3 Wheel Mini Kick Scooter with Adjustable Height(Green Material by FDA)-Orange
- 【SAFETY】 The 3-wheel design provides greater stability for beginners who are not good at keeping balance. The extra-wide emery pedal can perfectly realize anti-slip. The T-bar lock provides stable driving, and the non-slip handlebars provide firm grip and precise control. Even on steep roads, you can drive safely and stably.
- 【EASY TO USE】 This scooter is very suitable for beginners. Your child can easily control the turning and balance by tilting the body. The feature of this children's scooter is that it has both front and rear brakes, which can be quickly and safely stopped. This scooter has a foldable function and can be easily stored, which is very suitable for fast storage and transportation.
This scooter has flashing wheels that will give a child extra viability when they are playing outside especially around dusk. This scooter adjusts to fit the high of the child. The handlebars can be raised as the child grows.
This model was designed to help teach a child balance which is something they are going to need when riding the scooter.
There is even a triangle three point ABS system that will give the child additional balance when they are riding this scooter. This is a great model for those that are just beginning to learn.
Features We Like
- It helps trains balance and increase activity level.
- Shock-Absorbing wheels with ABEC-5 chromes system and beautiful flashing lights
- Triangular 3-Point ABS system that ensure balance and stability.
- Adjustable handlebar that custom fit your child’s height.
- The scooter is specifically designed to be detachable for easy carrying and storage.
Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter
Globber - Primo Plus 3-Wheel Kids Kick Scooter - LED Light Up Wheels - Adjustable Height T-Bar - for Boys...
2 used from $42.49
- PATENTED STEERING | Patented steering lock button fixes the steering system of the two front wheels to only move forward & backward helping your child learn to balance. Unlock the button and spring-loaded mechanism to allow your child to learn to steer
- ADJUSTABLE T-BAR | 4-height anodized T-bar with easy-to-use clamp for up to 6+ years
- ROBUST DECK | Super low composite deck with a nylon reinforced body frame supports up to 110lbs
What many people like about this particular scooter is that is can be adjusted as the child grows. As the child gets taller the handlebars can be raised. This scooter can stay with the child until they reach 110 pounds which for most children is several years.
There is a steel plate on the desk of the scooter that will give the child additional support. Since there is a breaks on the rear wheels of the scooter, so it can be stopped easily in case of any emergency.
Even there is a locking position, so the child can learn how to balance on the scooter.
Features We Like
- Three wheel scooter with ABEC 5 Bearings and Steering Lock Button ensure smooth ride.
- Secure direction button lock, So easy to learn balance for little kids.
- Low foot-board clearance from the ground maximizes stability.
- Adjustable height handlebar.
Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T Bar
- Highest rated scooter for ages 5-12.
- Lean-to-steer style of scooter.
- Smoothest, quietest ride available.
This scooter was designed by the Swiss who are known to make high quality products that are durable. This scooter was built to be durable and will last for many years even with the falls when a child is learning to ride.
The wheels are made from PU which will allow the child to ride smoothly on the pavement. This scooter has technology that will help a child learn how to steer and control the scooter so they are less likely to fall.
It was designed for children from ages 5 to 12.
Features We Like
- Best performing and highest quality scooter for ages 5 to 12.
- Flexible fiberglass reinforced deck and high quality polyurethane wheels.
- Adjustable height handlebar providing greater control and maneuverability.
- Easily remove handlebar, so you may easily carry or travel with it.
- Safety certified by the CPSC
Razor A5 LUX Scooter
Forc Kick Scooter Toddler Scooter 3 in1 Scooter for Kids，Adjustable Height W/Extra-Wide Deck and Back Wheel Brake, Kids Scooter &...
2 used from $55.15
- THREE MODES: This kids scooter can be turned into three modes , easy conversion without using tools, we provide the dedicated screws and screwdrivers into the package, if you need to use the sport scooters mode for a long time, you'd better to fix the screws
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Composed of stable parts made of plastic and aluminum alloy, the frame of scooter for kids includes a height-adjustable and durable aerospace-grade aluminum inner core, and the outside is wrapped in TPR soft rubber. Therefore, the Forc kick scooters is designed to withstand different game modes and positions
This scooter is one of the top rated. While it is a scooter for children to ride the design of the scooter was develop by professional riders. They also tested it out to make sure this scooter was high quality.
This scooter will last for a long time as it can support someone that weights up to 220 pounds. The wheels on this scooter are extra large.
There are also adjustable handle bars so that the scooter can grow as the child grows. The handles bars are also covered in a foam so that it can provide extra comfort to the rider.
Features We Like
- Aircraft-grade aluminum t-tube and deck provide smooth and safe riding.
- Extra-large urethane wheels and Rear Fender Brake.
- Designed for larger riders.
- Adjustable handlebars, easily fold and carry.
- Patented folding and rear fender brake system.
Razor Pro XXX Scooter
7 used from $63.73
- Extra-large, urethane wheels provide a super-smooth and comfortable ride
- Super-strong, height adjustable, aluminum T-tube and larger deck supports taller riders
- Features bold colors and attention-grabbing graphics
- Easy-adjust handlebars include soft foam grips for enhanced comfort
- Designed for riders ages 8 and up, weighing up to 220 pounds (100 kg)
This scooter takes riding to the next level and was designed to be durable. The scooter is light weight so it is easy for a child to use and to control.
The scooter is made from steel and has a tube construction to prevent damages. There is also a fixed T design handles that will allow for more control. This scooter is stylish as well and will stand out among the other scooters.
The handle bars have a rubber grip so they are easy to hold on to. This scooter was made by children by professional riders.
Features We Like
- High performance and ultimate durability tested by Team Razor pro-riders.
- Lightweight, Soft rubber grips, triple stacked headtube clamp and fixed T-bar design.
- Five spoke silver alloy core 110mm black high grade urethane 84A wheels with RZR Pro 30 bearings.
- Full-deck grip with extruded rear brake.
Mini Micro 3 in 1 Scooter
besrey Scooter for Kids 3 Wheels for 2-14 Years Toddler with Seat Light up Wheels Adjustable Handle Black Red
- BEST CHOICE FOR BEGINNERS: 2 in 1 scooter,sitting or scooting, plus with lean-to-steer technology which avoids rolling over, making it a quitessential choice for baby beginners to gain coordination and boost confidence in scooters. Especially recommended for 2-8 year-old toddlers.
- SELF-LUMINOUS WHEELS: non-power required, adds fun to riding, attracting your curious kids to try.
- GROW WITH YOU: The handle is adjustable, from 25" to 33", for a comfortable fit as your child grows, witnessing your kids from a clumsy scooter novice to a skilled expert . When your kids grow bigger, and the seat is not in use, you can fold it up, and move it front.
Mini Micro by Micro Scooters is an innovation in children’s scooting. One scooter that adapts 3 stages of your child’s grows. This scooter has a classic look to it. The scooter is made from aluminum frame with sturdy plastic seat for stage 1.
T-bar handlebar exist for the final stage. No need to buy different ride on toys. Mini Micro 3in1 scooter is only one, which serve all needs of your child.
The award winning team behind the iconic Mini Micro who came with this brilliant concept for little frustrated children who just want to have some fun! This scooter is recommended for child ages one to five.
Different colors available who wants more color; pink, red, blue, green.
Features We Like
- The award-winning innovative design and great quality.
- Mini micro offers 3 rides for 3 ages in one package.
- Adjustable height setting seat with O-bar and T-bar handle.
- Soft edges, a stable upright design, smooth-gliding, non-marking wheels that can be used indoors and outdoor.
Best Electric Scooter For Kids – 4 of Our Top Picks
Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter
This scooter is an electric scooter that will help a child go faster. It is recommended for those over the age of 8. The scooter has 50 percent more power than other models.
There are no chains or tensions that have to be adjusted. The scooter can go up to 10 miles an hour and a rider can be on the scooter for 8 minutes before they need to charge it up again.
There is a bush button throttle as well as front brakes that are operated by hand so the rider can be safe and have fun.
Razor E 100 Electric Scooter
This scooter has a quiet motor and has a twist grip throttle which makes it easy to control. The scooter can travel at speeds up to 10 miles an hour.
There is a battery that can be recharged after every use. This scooter has brakes on the rear wheels. There is also a kickstand to help balance the scooter.
This scooter will run for a period of 40 minutes before it has to be charged up. Many like the scooter for the smooth ride they get while on it.
Razor E200 Electric Scooter
This scooter has a high torque as well as a quiet motor. There are hand grips that will allow the child to steer the scooter and allow them to have control over it. This scooter is able to travel at speeds up to 12 miles per hour.
The battery can be recharged after use so that the child can use their scooter over and over again. There are rear brakes that are hand operated and there is a kickstand to help the child get on the bike.
The size of the tires are 8 inches which are larger and will allow for a smoother ride.
Razor E300 Electric Scooter
This scooter is the fastest one yet. This scooter can go up to 15 miles per hour. While this is on the fast side it should be used by children that have experience riding scooters.
A child can ride on this scooter for a period of 40 minutes before it has to be recharged. The frame of the scooter is larger than most so that it will be more durable and allow the ride to have addition control over the scooter. When the rider wants to go faster all they need to do is move the grips and they will take off.
Need to Consider When Buying a Best Scooter For Kids and Toddlers
Be sure to check out the safety features on a scooter especially when purchasing it for a child. A person should not get a scooter that is beyond their skill level.
Smaller children should start off with three wheels as well as those that are inexperienced. If the child cannot operate the school they will either give up or get hurt.
When purchasing a scooter be sure to get knee pads and a helmet for when fall happen.
Go By Height
A good starting position will help the rider become more successful. The child has to be able to stand correctly on the scooter or they may feel aches and pains.
The handlebars have to be level with the chest area. So it should not be above or beyond their chest. If the bars are too low or too high the child will not be able to balance or control the scooter properly.
Make of the Scooter
The wheels of the scooter should be large as well as narrow. They will work well on smooth surfaces and will not go as fast as other models to help the child learn. Rubber wheels are fine as well as those made of plastic.
The platform of the scooter should be a little rough so that the child will not slip on it. Many of the platforms come textured so that will not allow for slipping.
For toddlers a broad platform will be best. The platform should be low enough where the child can get on and off without assistance.
There are some other things to consider when purchasing a scooter. They include
Material – The scooter can come in a plastic frame but it is not durable. They will scratch and dent easily. Look for a scooter that has a metal frame so it can stand up to the falls. Aluminum is also a good choice. It is light weight and will not dent or break easily.
Handlebars – Look for a foam or rubber set of handlebars that absorb moisture and will help prevent slipping. They will also help absorb any seat that may be on the hands.
Brakes – the brakes are near the wheel reel but newer models have them on the front. Front breaks offer ore control to the rider. Be sure to show the child how to use the brakes to prevent injury.
Brands – When looking for a scooter for a child there brands and makes are highly recommended.
These are just some of the best scooter for kids and toddlers on the market. Here we pick best kick scooter for kids as well best electric scooter for kids. You can choose any of them according to your child comfort.
However, these scooters will allow a child to have some fun and get outside and play. Some of the scooters are adjustable so they will grow with the child.
When looking to purchase a scooter do some research. Make sure that it is both durable and safe. A scooter is a great investment and will allow a child to have fun while they are playing outside.
They will also learn skills such as balance, coordination, and will learn not to give up when they fall. These will help them when learning to ride and scooter and when dealing with other situation as they grow older.