Best Breast Pump Reviews for Working Moms
A breast pump is a necessity for mom’s who choose to breastfeed their baby. Finding the best breast pump can take time because there are different types to choose from.
As a mom, I know that using a breast pump is an important part of the feeding process for the child. When deciding on the type of breast pump to purchase, it is a good idea to figure out how often you will be using it.
I understand that mothers who work will often need to pump daily. This will allow the mother to keep breastfeeding their baby and give the caregiver plenty of breast milk to have on hand. The breast milk will be kept in a container or bottle for later use for the baby.
There are several different styles and variations of breast pumps to choose from. In order to find the best breast pump, it is important to look at the breast pump reviews.
- 1 Types of Breast Pumps
- 2 Recommend Best Breast Pump for Working Moms of 2021
- 3 Top 5 Best Electric Breast Pump Reviews
- 4 Medela Pump in Style Advanced Double Pumping Kit with Authentic Medela Spare Parts, Includes Breast Shields, Connectors, and Accessory Bag,...
- 5 Spectra Baby USA - Premium Accessory Kit - Medium / 24mm
- 6 Medela, Swing, Single Electric Breast Pump, Compact and Lightweight Motor, 2-Phase Expression Technology, Convenient AC Adaptor or Battery Power, Single...
- 7 Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump, Closed System Quiet Handheld Portable Double Electric Breastpump, Mobile Connected Smart Pump with Touch Screen...
- 8 Philips AVENT Double Electric Breast Pump + Bonus Power Cushion, SCF334/22, White
- 9 Top 5 Best Manual Breast Pump Reviews
- 10 Simple Wishes X-Small/Large Hands Free Breast Pumping Bra | Signature (by Moms for Moms) | Fully Adjustable and Customizable, Reliable...
- 11 New Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump, Single Hand Breastpump with Flex Breast Shields for More Comfort and Expressing More Milk
- 12 Haakaa Manual Breast Pump with Base 4oz/100ml+Lid
- 13 Philips Avent Single Electric SCF332/21 Breast Pump, White
- 14 Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump, Hand Pump for Breastfeeding
- 15 How to Choose the Right Breast Pump
Types of Breast Pumps
There are two different types of breast pumps that mothers can use. Either type will work and it is extremely beneficial in pumping a continuous amount of breast milk for the baby.
Electric Breast Pump
An electric breast pump has several benefits. It does most of the work and can extract milk fast and efficiently.
This is a good choice for busy mothers who do not have a lot of time to spend pumping breast milk.
The electric breast pump is not as portable as the manual pump. The electric pump starts pumping as soon as the pump is in place on the breast.
Manual Breast Pump
The manual breast pump is quieter than the electric pump. A manual breast pump can be taken anywhere and used. It is resourceful and extremely portable.
The manual pump is quiet and does not need electricity to function. A mother who chooses a manual breast pump will need to help extract the milk into the pump.
It is more work but can be used anywhere at any time. It is more discrete and quiet than an electric pump.
Recommend Best Breast Pump for Working Moms of 2021
Breast pumps are an important part of many mother’s everyday routines. I suggest reviewing these breast pumps to find one that fits your needs. I recommend these breast pumps because they have good quality and functionality that breast pumping moms like.
Someone need an electric pump and someone manual pump. So we divided our list into two part.
Top 5 Best Electric Breast Pump Reviews
1. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Double Pumping Kit with Authentic Medela Spare Parts, Includes Breast Shields, Connectors, and Accessory Bag,...
- AUTHENTIC MEDELA SPARE PARTS: All items included in our Pump in Style Advanced Double Pumping Kit are authentic spare parts made to replace a damaged or worn breast pump kit, or to keep on hand as convenient extras for when you need them most
- DESIGNED FOR USE WITH YOUR PUMP IN STYLE ADVANCED BREAST PUMP: Our Pump in Style Advanced Double Pumping Kit is compatible with all Pump in Style Advanced breast pumps and includes the kit, plus nursing pads and PersonalFit breast shields and connectors
The Medela Pump is a double pump that runs by electricity. It allows moms to extract the breast milk from both breasts at the same time. This will save busy moms time and energy.
I recommend this product for moms who want to pump more than once a day. It has a place to put the baby bottles. This will help to reduce any spills and leaks that can occur. This breast pump can let mom fill up bottles for the baby while pumping breast milk.
- It gives an option of pumping one or both breasts at once
- Different cycles for pumping stages
- Control the sucking and strength that the pump allows
- Can be used with electric and a battery pack that is included
- Is not as quiet as a manual pump
- It is only portable when the battery is completely charged
The Medela Pump is a unique and resourceful electric breast pump. It gives moms a choice of how and when they decide to pump the breast milk. The battery pack that is included with the breast pump can give moms an opportunity to pump away from the home.
The battery pack option is a great choice for moms who want to go to the park or other places that do not have electric. I suggest this product because of its spectacular specifications that it offers. Moms will benefit from the Medela electric double breast pump for their milk extraction needs.
2. Spectra Baby USA S2 Double/Single Breast Pump
- Compatibility: This kit can be used with the following breast pumps: Spectra Synergy Gold, Spectra S1, Spectra S2, and Spectra 9 Plus
- Easy Cleaning: Wash Spectra pump parts after each use with warm soapy water and rinse well (do not wash tubing)
- BPA/DEHP Free: All Spectra pump parts that come in contact with breast milk are BPA/DEHP free, giving you peace of mind about your baby's milk
- Important: Includes a Spectra flange, which needs to fit according to a measured nipple size
The Spectra Baby USA S2 Double or Single Breast Pump is a product that I would suggest. It lets moms decide on whether they want to pump one or both of their breasts at once.
This product can come in handy for all types of breast milk extraction needs. It has a unique timer that lets moms choose how long they are pumping for. The timer will go off and let mom know that time is up and it is time to switch to the other breast if need be.
- It is quiet
- It has a closed pumping function
- The pump is made out of plastic
- It is simple to clean
- The company does not offer a warranty on the breast pump
I recommend this breast pump product because it does not make a lot of noise. It is easy to use and is safe from germs with its close option construction. Moms will get a lot of use out of this breast pump and enjoy the comfort that it offers.
The timer will help moms stay on track when pumping without keeping an eye on the time. They can spend more time watching their baby while waiting for the timer to ding. It is easy to keep clean and maintain working capability. The comfort fit can offer mom an easier pumping process.
3. Medala Swing Breast Pump
Medela, Swing, Single Electric Breast Pump, Compact and Lightweight Motor, 2-Phase Expression Technology, Convenient AC Adaptor or Battery Power, Single...
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT MOTOR: This single breast pump includes a compact and lightweight motor that fits easily into your purse, backpack, or tote bag. It’s easy to bring with you anywhere and anytime
- RESEARCH-BASED TECHNOLOGY: Unique to Medela breast pumps, this research-based and patented design allows mothers to pump more milk in less time. It resembles a baby’s natural nursing rhythm for improved comfort and efficiency.
The Swing Breast Pump is a wonderful product for moms who are wanting to start breastfeeding their babies. This pump is easy to use and can help moms get in the routine of pumping effectively and quickly.
The single pump lets moms extract their breast milk from one breast at a time. It can be used more than once a day for easy convenience for moms and babies.
- It is made in the USA
- It is constructed with plastic parts which make it easier to keep clean
- It’s light to carry and be portable
- It is small enough to fit in a backpack, purse, or tote
- The machine is only able to pump from one breast at a time
- It is not as quiet as a manual breast pump
I would suggest moms use this high-quality Swing Breast Pump. It is an electric pump and does not take much effort to use. Therefore, moms can spend more time with their baby and less time worrying about producing breast milk. It is a compact pump that can be taken with you when on the go.
This breast pump would be a great fit for mothers who are just starting out breastfeeding their babies. It is also a great choice of a breast pump for moms who are not needing to pump both breasts at once continuously throughout the day.
4. Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
The Medela Freestyle Breast Pump is a good option for an extraction pump. It is an electric breast pump. Mothers can use it on a regular basis to pump the breast milk.
It is light to carry and has a battery that can be used for travel and on the go activities. It is easy and comfortable to use on full breasts.
- Is designed for heavy use
- Can be used for both breasts at once or one at a time
- It is quieter than most electric breast pumps
- Has a battery feature that allows moms to go out without being around electric to pump
- The suction of the pump is not as strong as other pumps
- The battery does not stay charged as well as it should
I recommend the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump because it is quiet and comfortable. Moms can use it in the home, at work, or at the park. The battery feature can let mom go on hikes with the baby and pump when it is needed.
This type of feature is a great resourceful option for moms. It lets moms leave the home and do fun activities while being able to pump her breast milk.
Moms who use this freestyle pump are not limited to the activities and travels that they do because the pump can be used with a battery pack instead of plugging it into electricity.
Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump, Closed System Quiet Handheld Portable Double Electric Breastpump, Mobile Connected Smart Pump with Touch Screen...
- DESIGNED FOR MOMS ON THE GO: All in one mobile and portable pumping solution, small enough to take with you anywhere. Designed for your active lifestyle, fits into your pocket, purse or baby bag for easy access and portability
- DOUBLE ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP: Designed for daily use for moms who pump several times a day, thanks to its patented, research based 2-Phase Expression Technology which produces more milk in less time* for more efficient expression and maximum flow
5. Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Quiet Efficient Pump with a comfortable pumping position due to unique no lean forward design
- Choose from 3 expression settings (low, medium, high) after starting in the gentle stimulation mode
- Soft, warm stimulation massage cushion now has a soft, warm texture intended to help stimulate breast milk flow
- Includes a 25mm cushion and a 19.5mm is available for purchase separately
The Philips AVENT double electric comfort breast pump is a good choice for breastfeeding moms. It is designed to give moms a comfort fit when using the pump. It rests against the breast and does not smash or cause pain.
The pump uses electricity to function and can be used at home. It is equipped to pump one or both breasts and has a quiet sounding pumping motor. It will transition quickly to the shape of the breast for a more sufficient and suction ability.
The pump is easy to keep clean and can produce relief and plenty of milk from the breast with each use. Moms will benefit from the double electric pump because it helps to provide an adequate amount of milk for the baby.
- The pump is electric
- It can be used for both breasts at one time or can be used with one at a time
- The pump is quiet
- It is comfortable
- Has a unique suction power
- The pump is not manual and can be noisy because it runs by electricity
- It is best used out of the room where the baby is trying to sleep
- It is not recommended for quiet places
The pump is a great choice for new moms or moms who have had the opportunity to pump before. It is a creative pump that is simple to use.
The breast pump has the ability to extract a lot of breast milk at once. It helps to reduce the pain of engorgement and can give plenty of food for the baby.The pump is not messy and does not take long to use.
I would recommend this pump to any mom who is wanting to breastfeed or has had experience breastfeeding before. It is a high-quality electric breast pump that will provide an abundance of breast milk in less time.
Top 5 Best Manual Breast Pump Reviews
1. Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breast pump Bra
Simple Wishes X-Small/Large Hands Free Breast Pumping Bra | Signature (by Moms for Moms) | Fully Adjustable and Customizable, Reliable...
- HANDS-FREE BREAST PUMP BRA - Impeccable design, maximum comfort, and the freedom for you to work on tasks or simply relax while pumping.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE - Comes with a convenient 10" adjustable Velcro back panel to ensure a perfect fit as your body goes through natural changes during nursing.
- WORKS WITH ALL MAJOR BRANDS - Including Medela, Philips AVENT, Lansinoh, Bellababy, Evenflo, and Spectra Baby.
The simple wishes hands-free breast pump bra lets moms extract the breast milk without any problems. The bra allows moms to pump without using their hands and being confined to one room. This option for breast pumping is a new innovative way for moms to pump no matter where they are.
- Hands Free
- Easy to use
- Can be used anywhere
- Adjustable for easy comfort
- It is not an electric pump
- It is a bra and is not as efficient as a manual or electric breast pump
The hand free bra breast pump is ideal for moms who are still in school, at work, or on the go. It is great for moms who have more kids to tend to and need to find time to pump. These types of bras are a new way for moms to reduce their milk supply without taking much time to do so.
They can pump the milk in the same manner as a normal pump. I recommend moms who are busy and need time to pump to check out this option. This is a wonderful choice for breast pumping needs.
2. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
New Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump, Single Hand Breastpump with Flex Breast Shields for More Comfort and Expressing More Milk
- Light and discreet: our new Medela harmony manual pump can easily fit into your handbag so you can take it almost anywhere and pump
- Flex Technology: unique 105-degree angle, oval shape, and soft rim offer a better fitting breast shield for optimal comfort while pumping and more milk per session
- Research-based technology: our manual breast pump uses 2 phase technology to mimic natural baby sucking behavior at the mother's breast
The Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump is a great option for moms who want to control the amount of breast milk they are able to produce. This type of pump does not use electricity and can be taken anywhere.
It is great for camping, hiking, picnics, and other outdoor adventures. The pump is used on the go and moms are able to use their hands to help pump their own breast milk for a fulfilling experience.
- It is a manual pump that uses no electricity
- It is comfortable and great for on the go moms
- The mom is easy to clean
- It allows moms to control the amount of breast milk they produce
- It is not electric
- It does not pump as much milk as an electric pump can
The Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump is a great option for moms who want to control the amount of milk they pump. This is a good idea for moms to use if they do not want to waste the milk. They may use the pump at a store or anywhere that they need to.
It is a great option for long car trips and moms can pump while in the vehicle. I suggest this pump for a travel and on the go, need.
3. Manual Breast Pump with Lid
- The award-winning and best-selling Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump, recommended by nursing moms, magazines, celebrities, doulas and lactation consultants all over the world! Make sure you’re giving your child the best by purchasing the original Haakaa-brand Silicone Manual Breast Pump!
- The Haakaa Silicone Breastpump lets you express milk using the power of natural suction! Simply squeeze, attach to your breast and let it work its magic. Forget expensive electric breast pumps that are difficult to use and impossible to clean – the Haakaa Silicone Pump doesn’t require any cords or assembly, smooth inside and extremely easy to clean that by simply boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
The Manual Breast Pump with Lid is an amazing product that I recommend for breastfeeding moms. This allows mothers to have a constant supply of breast milk while their little one is feeding.
Mothers do not have to take special time away from their baby to pump their breast milk. They are able to do this at the same time, which gives moms more time with their bundle of joy.
This manual pump can be used while away from home. It does not require a power supply and can be used while spending a day at the park or at the mall. This type of pump is travel-friendly, light, and can fit into a purse, diaper bag, or tote bag.
- Easy to clean
- Can use anywhere without any cords or wires to worry about
- It conveniently can be used on one breast while baby is feeding on the other breast
- Economically friendly construction and safe
- The Manual breast pump does not pump as fast as an electric pump
- It does not have a powerful suction for fast pumping
I suggest breastfeeding mothers use the manual breast pump with lid. The lid keeps milk in and reduces spills. It is versatile and convenient for travel, work, and outdoor activities. Moms can feed the baby and pump at the same time.
It is easy to use and simple to keep clean. This specific breast pump is a good product to have around when the electric goes out or when you want to spend the day outside with the baby. Being able to have a lid when pumping makes the process go smoothly without any issues or problems.
4. Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
- Quiet Efficient Pump with a comfortable pumping position due to unique no lean forward design
- Choose from 3 expression settings (low, medium, high) after starting in the gentle stimulation mode.Stages 0-6 months
- Soft, warm stimulation massage cushion now has a soft, warm texture intended to help stimulate breast milk flow
- Compact, lightweight design for ease of use and transport- fewer light weight parts
The Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump is a wonderful suggestion for any mom who is deciding to breastfeed. You can use this breast pump in any place at home or outside because it does not take electric.
Moms get extreme comfort to the breasts while pumping because of its unique style and design. It has a suction configuration that fits snug to the breast for an improved pumping outcome.
The manual breast pump has a built-in massage that helps to improve stimulation and milk flow during pumping. These unique qualities allow moms to have a comfortable breast pumping experience. It leaves the breast feeling better and not sore after pumping.
This type of pumping construction allows moms to have a constant supply of breast milk whenever they choose to pump. It saves time with the massaging feature because it helps to extract the milk faster than pumps that do not have this feature.
- It soothes sore and full breasts
- The material is not hard and feels comfortable on the breasts
- It does not take long to pump breast milk
- Little work to receive a large amount of milk
- The only pump that feels good when pumping
- Even though it is a manual pump, it pumps better than other pumps that use electricity
- Defective valve was not allowing pumping to work correctly
- Does not pump as much milk as I had thought
Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump is a good pump for breastfeeding moms. I suggested this breast pump because of the unique comfort design and that ability to ease the pain of milk filled breasts.
This breast pump is easy to keep clean and sterile, which will protect the baby from bacteria. Many mothers will enjoy the unique style and ease of comfort that this pump offers with each breast pumping experience. Moms can have a comfortable and relaxing moment while pumping breast milk for the baby. It is a good choice for breast pumping moms to consider using.
5. Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: This lightweight manual breast pump has an ergonomic, easy-express handle to reduce hand fatigue. It can be easily carried in any bag while traveling for quiet pumping sessions.
- IDEAL PUMPING: This pump features dual mode pumping & includes 2 flange sizes (standard 25 millimeter & large 30.5 millimeter), and Natural Wave nipple, cap & collar. It provides ideal suction, storage and feeding.
I recommend breastfeeding mothers try the Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump. The manual ability can let moms use this product anywhere without limitations. This breast pump has two different sizes that will allow for a comfortable and perfect fit.
The manual pump has two different settings available for convenience. One setting can be used for an increase in stimulation. The second setting can be used for an increase in expression. These different settings can be adjusted to receive a higher volume of milk in less time. These options are great for moms who are in a hurry and need to pump quickly.
- Two different modes of pumping
- Pumps milk faster than other manual pumps
- It is easy to use and keep sanitized
- Suction is not the best
I recommend the Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump because of the great qualities it has to offer breastfeeding mothers. You can use this pump in any place also in travel. This is a convenient quality that all mothers can enjoy.
This type of pump has more than one setting to help speed up the extraction of milk. This is nice for moms who are busy and need to pump in a hurry. The setting also helps to make the pumping process easier due to the stimulation mechanism.
This is ideal for moms who have trouble pumping and want to speed up the process.
How to Choose the Right Breast Pump
Before purchasing the best breast pump, there are things to consider. This will help to ensure that you are purchasing the best breast pump that will work for your breast pumping needs. It is important to think about these considerations before making a final decision on a breast pump to buy:
Some mothers may have a harder time providing enough milk for their baby. Breastfeeding moms can choose to pump approximately 15 minutes after their baby has eaten. This will help stimulate the milk and provide an increased supply of milk in the future.
This is a good opportunity for moms to get comfortable with their pump and provide even more milk for their child. If mom plans on going back to work, this will give a good supply of nutritional milk for their baby to have when they are with a caregiver.
Mothers can use a breast pump to relieve the pressure and fullness of breast milk. Many women may still feel full after their baby has already eaten. When a woman uses a breast pump, it can help relieve the pressure that breast milk can have on the breasts, and help moms get some relief.
The milk can be used later to feed the baby from a bottle. Using a breast pump can make the breasts feel better and not be as engorged with milk on a daily basis. It allows moms to have an extra supply of breast milk on hand when leaving the baby with a sitter or family.
Baby Latching Challenges
Many mothers choose to breastfeed their child because of the healthy and natural process that it offers babies. There are times when a baby has difficulty latching on the breast. This can make feeding difficult for mom and cause the baby to stay hungry.
When a mom uses a breast pump, she can extract milk to feed the baby in a bottle. The bottle feeding of breast milk may be an option if the baby does not take to the breast. Some babies easily learn to latch on and others may not do well with feeding on the breast. If a bottle is needed, a mom can still feed her baby breast milk.
Going Back to Work
A mom who decides to return to work after maternity leave will need to invest in a breast pump. This will let mom pump and extracts the milk into a container. The babysitter will be able to feed the baby the breast milk in a bottle that mom has provided.
This lets mom continue feeding the baby breast milk even though she will be out of the home each day. The baby will have no problem eating because the baby is already used to the taste of the mother’s breast milk.
Comfort is an important part of buying a breast pump. The mother will want a breast pump that fits her breasts. She will want to find one that is extremely comfortable and will not put pain for pressure on her engorged breasts.
An important factor that a mom should consider is, convenience and comfort. I recommend considering these two factors. They will make a big difference in moms who want an easy transitional pumping process.